New: Your feedback can help make our next website better!

Replacing Documents and Records Here is a checklist of documents you will need to replace if they have been destroyed, and who to contact for information on the replacement process. Item Who to contact Driver's License, Auto Registration Department of Motor Vehicles (812) 336-3018 Bank Books (checking, savings, etc.) Your bank, as soon as possible Insurance polices Your insurance agent Military discharge papers Department of Veterans Affairs 800-827-1000 Passports Passport Service Birth, death, marriage certificates Bureau of Records in the appropriate state Divorce Papers Circuit Court where decree was issued Social Security or Medicare cards Local Social Security office (812) 334-4222 Credit Cards The issuing companies, as soon as possible Titles to deeds Records department of locality in which property is located Stocks and bonds Issuing Company or your broker Wills Your lawyer Medical Records Your doctor Warranties Issuing Company Income tax records The IRS center where you filed your account Citizenship Papers U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Office Prepaid burial contract Issuing Company Mortgage Papers Lending Institution Animal registration papers Your veterinarian