- For more information, please contact:
Rick Dietz, Director, Information and Technology Services, email@example.com, 812.671.0076
City of Bloomington Announces Second Milestone Release of Municipal Alpha Website, Seeks Community Feedback
Bloomington, Ind. - The City of Bloomington Information & Technology Services Department is pleased to announce the second milestone release of our Alpha website. The prototype or "alpha" website is available at bloomington.in.gov/alpha.
The City’s web team has received hundreds of comments on the Alpha website through the online form, emails, meetings and face to face conversations. Public feedback has resulted in many positive changes to both navigation and visual design.The Alpha website feedback form is available at https://bloomington.in.gov/alpha/about-our-alpha.
"The City's Alpha website continues to evolve and grow as we have listened to feedback and begun migration department and board content,” said Rick Dietz, ITS Director. “We are announcing this new milestone release, not because we’re finished, but because of how helpful public feedback has been thus far.”
Highlights of this milestone release include:
- New Homepage design : https://bloomington.in.gov/alpha
- Topic Navigation: https://bloomington.in.gov/alpha/city
- Model Board/Commission pages: https://bloomington.in.gov/alpha/bac
- Model Minutes/Agendas/Packets pages: https://bloomington.in.gov/alpha/node/4/meetings
- Model Events listing: https://bloomington.in.gov/alpha/calendar
- Newsroom: https://bloomington.in.gov/alpha/newsroom
- My Bloomington: https://bloomington.in.gov/alpha/mybloomington
- New Interactive maps viewer: https://bloomington.in.gov/alpha/interactive/maps/citymap
- Data Portal: https://bloomington.in.gov/data/organization/city-of-bloomington
Feedback on the City’s alpha website may be provided by clicking the green “Provide feedback and learn more” button on the alpha homepage at https://bloomington.in.gov/alpha/about-our-alpha. ITS is particularly looking for feedback on the evolving homepage, navigation and new features of the website.
“We’re working together to make our next website the best tool it can be for connecting the City and all those we serve and we are asking for your help!” said Dietz.
As the development of the Alpha progresses, the current website bloomington.in.gov will remain as the authoritative source of online information for the City.
For more information about the new website process and public alpha, please contact Rick Dietz, Information Technology Services Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or 812.671.0076.