- For more information, please contact:
Mary Catherine Carmichael, Communications Director, City of Bloomington, 812.349.2489
City Announces February and March Town Hall Meetings
Bloomington, Ind. - The City of Bloomington scheduled seven more town hall meetings in the months of February and March. The meeting schedule is as follows:
- Tuesday, Feb. 2 - Community and Family Resources, Director Beverly Calender-Anderson - Banneker Community Center, 930 W. 7th Street - 5:30 pm.
- Friday, Feb. 12 - Bloomington Fire Department, Interim Chief Todd Easton - Council Chambers 401 N. Morton Street - 12 pm.
- Thursday, Feb. 18 - Housing and Neighborhood Development, Director Doris Sims - Bloomington Housing Authority, 1007 N Summit Street - 4 pm.
- Friday, Feb. 26 - Legal, Corporation Counsel Philippa Guthrie - Council Chambers, 401 N. Morton Street - 12 pm.
- Wednesday, March 2 - Parks and Recreation, Interim Director Paula McDevitt - Twin Lakes Recreation Center, 1700 W. Bloomfield Road - 5:30 pm.
- Tuesday, March 8 - Bloomington Police Department, Chief Mike Diekhoff - College Mall Food Court, 2894 E Third Street - 6:30 pm.
- Wednesday, March 23 - Bloomington Transit, General Manager Lew May - Bloomington Transit Center, 301 S. Walnut Street - 5:30 pm.
The City will not hold a town hall meeting during the week of March 14. The town hall hosts will begin their meetings with a short presentation about their department’s initiatives and will then take questions for the remaining time of their hour-long meeting.
Town hall meetings are an opportunity for Bloomington residents to learn about city government operations and ask questions to further their understanding and engagement with the city.