Skip to main content

Can I "freeze" my membership during a time I know I won't be using the TLRC (traveling, surgery, etc.)?

All automatic monthly debit, six-month, and 12-month members have the option to 'freeze' their memberships for up to three months annually. With a 14-day notice, we can stop your automatic monthly debit for up to three months. Whether you're traveling during the holidays or leaving town for the summer, the option to freeze will help you maximize your membership at the TLRC. You can freeze your membership as many times as you want as long as you don't exceed 3 months in a 12-month period. If you use the monthly EFT option, your membership can only be frozen in one-month increments, because that's how your membership is billed. The expiration date of your membership will be extended for the same number of months you select for the freeze.

How do I change the address and/or telephone information on my membership?

The request for these changes can be completed at The Twin Lakes Recreation Center by the primary member of the household.

How do I change my billing account?

This request must be submitted in person at the Twin Lakes Recreation Center. You must provide a voided check or savings deposit slip that includes your new account number and routing number. This request must be completed 14 days prior to the next scheduled payment to be effective. Example: Change your account information by August 16, 2018 to be effective for September 1, 2018.

How do I add a member to my membership?

This request must be submitted in person at the Twin Lakes Recreation Center by the primary member of the household. There is a one-time $20 capital investment fee for each new member. If the membership is being upgraded, the prorated amount must be paid in addition to the registration fee(s). The new membership is activated immediately upon receipt of payment.

Can I buy a membership for someone else?'

Yes, you can purchase a membership for someone else with a Gift of Wellness gift certificate. You can select which membership you would like to purchase and pay the indicated amount at the front desk of the Twin Lakes Recreation Center.

What is the capital investment fee?

The capital investment fee is a one time fee of $20 charged when a new member enrolls. The fee is allocated toward facility renovation and equipment upgrades.

Is a membership at the Twin Lakes Recreation Center valid at other City of Bloomington Parks and Recreation facilities?

Your membership to the Twin Lakes Recreation Center is only valid at the TLRC and cannot be used at any other City of Bloomington locations.

How do I cancel my membership?

If you are the lead/primary member, you can go into the Twin Lakes Recreation Center and complete a written notice to cancel your membership. Forms are available at the front desk and can be returned via fax or certified mail. Cancellations are not accepted via telephone. A 14-day notice of cancellation is required.

Contact Us

If you have any further questions or concerns, please let us know and we'll immediately reply with answers. Call us at 812-349-3720, Monday through Friday, between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.