Skip to main content

Mobile Stage Rental

For big performances within Monroe County, your group can apply to rent our mobile stage. Groups renting the mobile stage must provide a site with electrical hook up, and stage charges are based on a per-day rate, Monday through Friday, during work hours. The mobile stage can be transported only by City of Bloomington Parks and Recreation personnel. A refundable deposit is required. Call 812.349.3725 for reservation and cost information.

Event Consulting

If your organization is planning a large-scale event in one of our beautiful parks, consider asking for some event planning advice from our Community Events staff. Contact us at 812.349.3715 or for more information.

Special Use Permit

  • A Special Use Permit is required to hold a special event in a City park. In addition to an approved special event permit application, rental groups requesting to serve beer and wine must submit a proposal including how the alcohol serving guidelines will be met before qualifying for a temporary alcohol permit. The Board of Park Commissioners will approve or deny all requests.
  • A Special Event Application is required to hold a race, walk, run, or other event on any City trail.
  • Depending on the nature of your special event, you may also need a Noise Permit Application from the City of Bloomington.

Fitness Classes or Personal Training in City Parks

  • Instructors of fitness classes or personal trainers who charge clients a fee for their activities must obtain a special use permit to hold fitness classes in City Parks. for information on applying for a permit, contact Health and Wellness Coordinator Jess Klein at 812-349-3771.

Filming on City Park Properties

It is the policy of the City of Bloomington Parks and Recreation Department to allow filming and photography when it is consistent with the protection and public enjoyment of city resources and does not interfere with the public's normal use and enjoyment of the park.

There is no cost to obtain a filming permit, and filming permits are good for the duration of the project for which they are approved.

Special permission is required if the filming, video taping, sound recording, or still photography:

  • involves taking photographs for the purpose of commercial advertising
  • could result in damage to park resources
  • could result in significant disruption of normal visitor use
  • requires access to areas normally closed to the visiting public

For a complete list of activities prohibited in city parks, see the Filming Permit Application. For more information about obtaining a filming permit, contact Julie Ramey, Community Relations Manager, at 812-349-3719 or